- Please take all recommendation forms to your counselor and your appropriate teachers. Your counselor and teachers will then return the forms to the Upward Bound office.
- For priority consideration, all application materials must be submitted to the Upward Bound office as soon as possible. Return completed applications and information to:
IUPUI TRIO Upward Bound
Taylor Hall, UC B07
815 W. Michigan Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202
- After all application materials are received, someone from the Upward Bound office will contact you to arrange an interview with both you and your parent or guardian. The interview will allow the Upward Bound staff to verify information provided in the application, as well as provide an opportunity for parents and students to gain further insight into program expectations and activities. When scheduling the interview, parents will be asked to bring proof of your family’s income and proof of the student’s citizenship. Students will not be admitted until all paperwork has been turned in.
The following are acceptable forms of documentation of income:
- A signed copy of your family's most current federal tax forms (e.g., Forms 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040PC)
- Proof of a recent eligibility letter from a caseworker or public assistance agency that verifies the family's level of income, or assistance
- A recent Social Security or veterans benefit award letter
For proof of citizenship and residency, students must bring in one of the following combinations of information:
- A birth certificate and Social Security card
- A permanent residence card and Social Security card